Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: TS Strategy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I am about to go into the TS world and see if I can get some good finds. I almost had one today, but both were gotz, but it made me feel close. For those of you who are Thrift Store shoppers for AG, what is your strategy, how have you found these good finds. Anything you know about the frequency of when Goodwill and Value Village put out just recieved items?

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Did you buy the Gotz dolls?

  3. #3
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Why didn't you get the gotz?

    Just wondering- I LOVE gotz dolls.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also wonder if you just happen to see the dolls amidst other stuff--like a whole rack of stuffed animals.

    "My" Goodwill, puts anything they think is of value inside a glass case at the front, so I always look there, but then most of their toys are really junky and I just can't see an AG ending up there!!

    Now at these other thrift stores I go to, I could see that just happening, so I guess it's just going by often.

    I go to Goodwill at least once a week (and usually leave with 2 or 3 books that dd loves in great shape for only 50 cents each, so that's a good thing in itself).

    The other thrift stores I get by less often, but I'm going to start stopping in this small one more. It's close by and open when I'm driving around, so it could happen. . . .

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At my Good-will they all the dolls and stuff-animals in a big bin.I have found my best buys as they roll the buggy out. They will roll buggies out full of stuff. You should see people they head over to the carts like vultures . I actually saw two ladies get in a fight one time over a item.

    My husband found my PM Addy at a TS behind a glass case. Two ladies were looking at her and thought it was ridiculous to pay $20 for a doll.LOL.

    It's just being at the right place at the right time.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    Did you buy the Gotz dolls?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They were really torn up, something I wouldn't give to a little girl at all. It is really sad the state they were in for dolls. but if someone is interested I can always run back tomorrow and get them for you. No problem here.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Goodwill actually saves up the dolls and stuff for a huge sale held twice a year in a warehouse. I have to get in line like an hour before it opens. That is how I go t Molly's bed and the bitty crib. I wasn't fast enough to get Josifina's patterns or the abused Sam.

    Ashley

  8. #8
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats what our goodwill does too. I have never been to the annual doll sale though. I believe it is some time in Nov.

  9. #9
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Ooooh... If they're still there get them! I, or some one else will definately buy them..... if they're a decent price!


    Katya

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •